Barnsley District Scouts take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us
1. The Information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with Barnsley District Scouts, we ask for your name, email address and postal code. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association e.g. Scout Shops Ltd.
Barnsley District Scouts may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation. We may use, and provide to third parties, your contact details if you have given us permission to do so.
5. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
6. Further information
Barnsley District Scouts will as part of it’s normal operation send out information emails. Members can decide to ask for these emails as they register.
7. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
* to keep their password secret;
* to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details;
* to log off from the Barnsley District Scouts Service when not using it; and
* to ensure against use by anyone else of the Barnsley District Scouts Service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the Barnsley District Scouts Service
* to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
Barnsley District Scouts uses small files known as “cookies” to enhance your use of the site. They have the following functions:
To hold Members’ login information. This option can be turned off by switching the “Remember Your Password” option to “No” in your registration details.
To ensure the best use of the Barnsley District Scouts Service by Members, by means of a temporary cookie. These cookies disappear when the Member’s browser session ends, or if the Member clicks the “sign off” text.
9. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at www.dataprotection.gov.uk.
10. Contacting Barnsley District Scouts
Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
11. Google Analytics
* Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
* Type of operating system
* Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
* Flash version
* Screen resolution
* Network location and IP address
o Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
o Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
* Time of visit
* Pages visited
* Time spent on each page of the website
* Referring site statistics
o The website (URL) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
o Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimize our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
* Phone Numbers
* Email Addresses
* Mailing Addresses
* Bank Account Numbers
* Credit Card Information